Saturday 18 February 2012

Today is a good day...

The weekend was kicked off with a late night spa (jacuzzi) at the home of The Fantastic Mrs Fox on Friday night... mmm a lovely relaxing end of the week, and a good time to catch up with T.F.Mrs.Fox. 



Of course we lamented the loss of a great diva Whitney Houston... no matter how her life ended or the way she lived it in the last ten or so years, there is no denying that she was the Beyonce of the 80's, so  T.F.Mrs.Fox and I decided to pay tribute to our fav 80's legend by visiting Greytown (The Turkey Red Bar) where our friend Dal was running karaoke.  We spent a couple of hours singing as many Whitney songs as we could... ending up with "I have nothing" that was fun!  Here it is, one of my favourite Whitney songs of all time, and I hope that she has finally found some peace.



This morning was a real treat, Mrs H and I met up in Carterton and here's how it went...


First it was a quick visit to a closing down antique store where Mrs H quickly spotted a beautiful kangaroo fur handbag.  We debated the whole fur thing and decided that because it was second hand buying it would be recycling and not actually encouraging the death of more animals  as you would by buying a new one... (interested in your thoughts though...) plus it was a second hand vintage handbag from the 1940's in near perfect condition and at 50% off? Bargain!

Then 3 stores up the street to the Wild oats for a little brunch...




But what to eat??? Hmmmm....











When we finally decided on what to eat, we needed to decided where to sit... out in the garden of course...



Mrs H chose a vegetarian muffin and a coffee....



And I picked a tuna melt and a lo-fat iced chocolate...Yum!

Then off to the Salvation Army... and I thought they didn't open on a Saturday... yay!







The great thing about Carterton is it's small... everything is only a stroll away from each other... The next shop we strolled into was Red Moa Gallery... Andrea (who we made friends with today...) has great stuff in here, real statement pieces... she stocks artist's such as Heather Wilson and Sam Ludden... We are hoping that soon she will start to stock some fantastic pieces from T.F.Mrs.Fox.







Finally off to our Favourite vintage shop Fuzzy... Mark really knows his vintage.   Mrs H got one dress and I got two!!!  And to think that I thought I wouldn't find anything in my size?!?!  Usually when I go shopping I try not to expect to find anything, that way if I don't find anything in my size or price range I'm not too disappointed... so of course we were both ecstatic after leaving Fuzzy... as you can imagine...















.... so we congratulated each other on our awesome finds and went our separate ways...

A great morning was quickly followed by a great afternoon...

I met up with Mr C and our kids at the A & P Show (fair) ... talk about FUN FUN FUN!!! The kids loved the bumper cars, the giant slide and the ghost train... Plus there were gorgeous chickens and puppies on sale! And what a hot, HOT day it was turning out to be!








Lunch consisted of hot dogs dipped in tomato sauce and lots of cold drinks...

 
We bumped into more friends at the show, the 'Optimus' Prime family, they suggested we should meet at the Mt Holdsworth river for a swim and a boot BBQ for dinner... so off we went...






 

WOW! what a busy and GREAT day!  Trust me when I say every Saturday is NOT like this, usually I stay home and clean or do other house-y things.  This was a really good day... Technically it's Sunday now, so my Saturday post is a day late, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway... I'm going to wear my new fuzzy dress to church tomorrow so you will see it on my Super Sunday Post which will be up on Tuesday... I better hit the hay...

Have a great rest of the weekend
Mrs C
xox

2 comments:

  1. Hey hey Mrs C, thank you for the fabulous morning we had, I'm loving that wool cushion!!! might have to have another visit to Fuzzy very soon, next time with T.F. Mrs Fox xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey! You're leaving a comment... Thanks heaps...
From the bottom of the Curves of my Heart
Mrs C
xox