Friday 20 January 2012

Here I am...

 Hello blog world!!! 
I have been following some super fantastic blogs for a couple of years now and really wanted to start my own as a new year goal and so here I am... I thought I would start with one of my most favourite pass times...
Photography - Camera Curves... these are some of the photo's I took when I first got my camera, (over a year ago now - Canon EOS 500) I'm not afraid to admit that I still don't know how to use it properly yet, but that is another goal for 2012.  I love taking photos and even more so, I love editing them... sometimes little sayings, quotes, poems and statements can really make a photo... yes, I really wished I could fly this beautiful blue cloudy day... don't you?  I hope to submit entries at least 4 times a week, bearing in mind I am a working mother, wife and we live in a beautiful old 8 bedroom home that needs lots of cleaning (yes. I am very busy) I think 4 times is realistic.Others posts I am hoping to include for you all...

Style posts - Cute Curves ... 
I don't blame my kids (my sweetheart daughter jumping for joy) for my extra curves but they did arrive shortly after my children did (lol), lets face it losing weight is flippin hard work, its hard to just try and maintain the size you already are!!! But just because your curvier than the next girl does not mean you cannot look good. I mean..I'd love to be a svelte size 10 but right now I'm more an 18-20 ... Working in a school office makes me a public face, my gorjus BFF 'Mrs H' has helped me to feel more confident to dress up more, her impeccable style has been an inspiration for me... I hope you all get to meet Mrs H soon. I love clothes and have a crazy lust for shoes... wait till you see my shoe collection... and being stylee does not have to break the bank, most of my best buys are from second hand shops. OH  watch out for Super Sunday Styles posts... I got to church each sunday so these outfits are usually pretty sweeeet, not to mention the shoes (did you see my beautiful  funkis suede orange clogs above xox)


Creations - Crafty curves...
Oh yes.. I have been known to be a little crafty kitty so keep an eye out for recycled funky, pretty stuff that you can make with me.  As well as excerpts from my writings (1x novella and 1x short story done, about to start another novella), I love to sing and this year have set a goal to learn to play the guitar.  The spunky Mr C is a fantastic guitarist, here's hoping he has the patience to teach me a few chords, I will let you know how that goes. Oh and we love food so we can get pretty awesome when it comes to Crafty Cooking Curves.





House - Comfy Curves...
As I mentioned we live in my families old 8 bedroomed home, we regularly change things around to make our space more comfy and cute, recently that has included a full paint of the all the living areas downstairs, including the bathroom... coming up this year hopefully (finger and toes soooooo crossed)  is my bedroom makeover (including a new wardrobe eeek!)... I will keep you posted.


SHOPPING - Coin Curves...
No secret about it I love to shop and sometimes we just don't have the money to buy the things we really want so I make do... garage sale finds are amazing and sometimes (not everytime) you can find the most amazing vintage dress for just $7 at the Salvo's (I'm talking about the one I wore today to the movies with my kids - I love it, photos coming x)
So HEY!!! now you know a little bit about me I sure hope we can be "blog buddies", stick around, share some thoughts or just say hi, if you have a spare minute... Sorry this is a really long-winded post... and I wish I could say future posts won't be or will be this long (depending on whether you like long-winded or not - you can't please everyone lol) But this is my very first post and I just could'nt help myself...
see you soon
Mrs C xox
(p.s here are some beautiful flowers for you, have a beautiful week)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs C, these pics are really neat, as I am passionate towards photography myself, I enjoy looking at how others capture moments. So pleased you have started up this blog keep up the inspiration as life is so short we might as well live each day to the max. Maybe that could be your next pic "live life to the max"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you rainbow colours, you are officially my first blog comment YAY!!! and a very lovely one at that... I will do my best thank you for the support :)

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora! A niece of yours Haania 'put me onto your blog because I sort of started my own as a hobbie! I've so enjoyed this and reading through other New Zealand blogs is kind of a fav past-time. But a Maori loving fashionista! I feel like I've hit the jackpot! I've enjoyed the glimpse into your life. Carry on the good mahi!

    Sincerely ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Tarere, thanks so much for your lovely comment, yes I love surfing through kiwi blogs they are so inspiring and always give me tht extra little motivation. at the moment I am computer-less my laptop blew up so I'm bummed out a bit about that, but now my daughter has an iPad I'm just figuring out how to use it for bloggings. It's lovely meet you and I'm so cuffed that Huni felt that my blog was cool enough to share with her friend lol... Hope you keep visiting, arohanui xox

      Delete
    2. Opps, I mean Chuffed! Lol xox

      Delete

Hey! You're leaving a comment... Thanks heaps...
From the bottom of the Curves of my Heart
Mrs C
xox