Thursday 26 January 2012

Fish n chips... wrapped in newspaper...


 Today was a wonderful day, I am only posting (for the second time today) so I can show the SKIRT I made..., a very trendy and very now, striped maxi skirt, I made it on Tuesday and I wore it TODAY...

All it takes is some fabric cut wide enough to pull over your hips - plus a couple of inches, cut it wider as you go  down to the hem (like an extra long A-framed skirt... easy), sew up one side then sew an inch for the waist band, thread through the elastic then sew up the other side. 

I was lucky to score this vintage (sort of thin sweatshirt material) from my sissy (yes the same sissy who moved to Australia last week, thank u Mrs K xox), this fabric does not fray so I didn't have to hem or overlock it and I like the casual semi rolled hem that this look achieves...

I got the T-shirt from the Warehouse for $7, I cut out the neck and sleeves to give it a more relaxed look and no matter how many shoes you have... JANDALS will always be the number 1 summer shoe for me, these are my green Ipanema jandals... love them!  The hat is my brothers, but he was throwing it out... score!

Tomorrow 'Mr C' will arrive to join in the holiday yay! (he had to stay back and work) so for the very very near future I see more beach, more picnic's, more swimming and more sand in little belly buttons...

YIKES! Its late... I'll make more scrolls in the morning and this time post the 'how to..." including my 'cheat' ingredient... then I will probably not be back until Monday or Tuesday (by which time I will be back in Masterton, with holiday well and truly over, struggling I'm sure to get back into work mode)... but I promise to have HEAPS of picts to put up... including picts of the DRESS I made (the same time I made this skirt - I think I just had a creation overload one night)... but seriously... for now GOODNIGHT...
Mrs C
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! You're leaving a comment... Thanks heaps...
From the bottom of the Curves of my Heart
Mrs C
xox